Friday, June 13, 2008

Heavy Hearts

Even looking at this picture makes me choked up to know that I won't get to see that sweet face again. My dear friend Deb passed away last night. It's hard to believe how fast everything happened. I was just with her at the hospital talking, at her home, at the hospice center yesterday, saying good-bye. It seems surreal. I am thankful for my knowledge of eternal families. If not it would be unbearable to think about her kids, husband, and family not seeing her again. I am thankful for all of the time I did get to spend with her and the sweet memories that I'll always treasure. I love you Deb!

**I'm sure Mike will be sending out an e-mail, but I wanted to let you know that there will be a viewing this Tuesday (June 17th) at 10:30am and the funeral will be held at noon.

*** Also, there will be a benefit concert for the Whitmore family on the 24th of June. Tickets are $25.00 if you would like more information please e-mail me (or comment).

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Joanna, thank you so much for posting that information. I was worried it would be on Wednesday when I have a doctor's appt. that is difficult to reschedule.

I can't believe how fast it all happened either. She was so brave.

Adam and Dani said...

The Whitmore's are lucky to have such great friends and such a wonderful support system with everyone in Redmond. Give them my love!

Heather said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear about your friend. That is so sad for all who knew and loved her. You will be in our prayers in this hard time.

Taylor, Melanie and Grace said...

Oh my gosh, that is so sad. I'm sorry for your loss. She looks like a wonderful lady.

Sarah Sue said...

Joanna, thanks for posting this. I didn't even know she was sick. We loved the Whitmores, and I just can't imagine her not being here anymore. How sad.