







I ordered the pattern from Mormorn Handicraft (I had to go to the store to order the original patterns) and then altered the pictures and fonts to my liking. The pattern has a hot pink paper cover and was made in the 50's (I think). The main idea was to get the instructions on how to make the book and how to make the pages. I took it from there and made it the way I liked. I also made my pages on a fabric called "diaper cloth" instead of the books instructions. I thought it would hold up and look better. It was harder to trace the images (I ended up using an iron on traceable pencil), but well worth it in the end!If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail me!
9 comments:
you did a great job..that is so impressive...too bad it took so long to make cause you could totally sell those!!! Way to go...your son will cherish it for a long time!!!
This book is fabulous & I am officially jealous . . . of course not enough to actually make one myself - so much work!!! Great job!
So cute! I had that book when I was a little kid and I LOVED it! I like how you made it your own though. You are so talented!
One more thing....cute, cute, cute blog background and header!
So cute!! I'm totally going to steal your idea (in about a year or so). Of course, I'll probably mess it all up since I'm not even a little bit crafty. You're so good at it!
very cute- i loved quiet books when i was young. i may have to make one for our boy when he is old enough to enjoy it!
We had quiet books very similar to these when I was a kid and I loved them!
I want to make one... my new project?! :)
That came out so great! Good job. I would like to order 4 from you.
:-D
Post a Comment