Hi Joanna! It was you that lost your digital pictures, wasn't it? I was pretty sure it was. It's still probably too late if you've been taking pictures on that memory card, but I just found this article and it says this:
One of my colleagues, camera expert Jeff Fox, was able to recover the photos from the memory card by using VaioSoft Recovery Manager 1.5, which he downloaded from Download.com. The download was free, though Vaiosoft encourages payments to help support their work. He'll explain, step by step, what to do, in a separate blog. One thing I can tell you: If you accidentally reformat your memory card, stop everything and immediately remove it from the camera. If you keep shooting, you'll reduce the chance that you can salvage any of the images. I've vowed to start archiving my photos—the CD that Jeff made for me is a good start—and hope my cautionary tale inspires you to do the same.
I thought I'd share that in case there was still any hope. :)
P.S. I missed you at playgroup today. Hope you're feeling OK.
3 comments:
Can't wait to see all of you!!!!!
He's getting so big! Hey CONGRATS! I am so excited for you both. Let me know when you come to SLC again... I want to see you!
Hi Joanna! It was you that lost your digital pictures, wasn't it? I was pretty sure it was. It's still probably too late if you've been taking pictures on that memory card, but I just found this article and it says this:
One of my colleagues, camera expert Jeff Fox, was able to recover the photos from the memory card by using VaioSoft Recovery Manager 1.5, which he downloaded from Download.com. The download was free, though Vaiosoft encourages payments to help support their work.
He'll explain, step by step, what to do, in a separate blog. One thing I can tell you: If you accidentally reformat your memory card, stop everything and immediately remove it from the camera. If you keep shooting, you'll reduce the chance that you can salvage any of the images.
I've vowed to start archiving my photos—the CD that Jeff made for me is a good start—and hope my cautionary tale inspires you to do the same.
I thought I'd share that in case there was still any hope. :)
P.S. I missed you at playgroup today. Hope you're feeling OK.
Post a Comment