So... this is what we did pretty much the entire weekend! Sewed Jack's "Quiet Book"! I can't take credit for the sewing. My mom did all of that. And boy, am I glad she was here. I don't think I could have sewn most of the things she did. But, I now know how to sew a button hole, sew button's on the correct way, sew snaps on the correct way, etc. It was fun as well as very educational!
Here's the finished project. I can't wait for Jack to play with it... maybe in the next couple of months he'll be ready.*Note this is not a project I would suggest to any of the faint of heart... We figured that if I tallied my/our hours it would cost about $600.00. I hope this will get lots of use from ALL of our kids! It was definitely worth it though. Especially since I got to work on it with my mom. It's extra special!
OK, so here's a picture of Jack doing his favorite thing. Opening the cupboard with his cereal in it. He pulls out all of the cereal boxes as well as all of my bread pans and he's in heaven... who needs toys when you have cupboards filled with them?
Jack's 2nd favorite thing. Drinking the water from the faucet in the tub. If it's not constantly running he'll stand at the the faucet trying to turn it on himself!We just had Jack's 15 month doctor appointment and learned that he only weighs in at 26.8 lbs. I thought he was at least 30 lbs. I guess I'll have to start lifting more weights!
6 comments:
Hey guys! Looks like you had a ton of fun with your mom in town. I love the picture of Jack drinking out of the faucet. What a darling! We miss you guys!
I'm so glad your mom came to visit. I love the picture of Jack trying to drink water from the faucet! Cute, cute, cute!
Jack is at such a fun age! Hey, he still is pretty heavy, even if he's not an even 30! Congrats to you and Matt for making it through Grad school. It's not easy for either person, believe me, I know! Yay for having your mom there. HOpe you have a fantastic time. I am jealous of the quiet book. Make one for me, I will send you a check for $600. ;)
I'm not sure I can bring myself to pray for you to move to Utah.
Fine.
But I don't have to like it. :P
Cute quiet book! :-D
I can honestly say that I am not praying for you to move to Utah - we LOVE having you close and Jane would be so sad without Jack! We LOVE you guys and hope you stay close to us!
Joanna. hey it's shannon whitehead...i am dying over that quiet book. Way to cute! I have been wanting to make one forever...do you have a pattern for it??? shannon_staker@hotmail.com
Post a Comment