
it was pouring on labor day.... surprise, surprise! i had great hopes of a really fun day.... it didn't go quite like i expected, but we still had a good time. matt was in utah this past weekend so i headed up whidbey island with the kids. it was raining so hard that i could barely see the road. by the time we made it to deception pass i decided to forgo hiking down to the water and instead took pictures from the car. deception pass is one of my favorite places to go and it will probably be a long time before we make it back there.


our next stop was coupeville. such a fun and beautiful little town. they have this quaint little store called, 'a touch of dutch'. i wanted to stop by there one last time to 'stock up' on my dutch goodies before our big move.

and, of course we neede on last ferry ride as well.

we only have one weekend left after this so we're going to head down to mt. rainier tomorrow. it's sad that we (me and the kids) haven't been there and we've lived here for 5 1/2 years. so, tomorrow is the day!
2 comments:
It is amazing how different the coast is up there compared to here. It looks like something out of a fantasy. I can't believe that you have lived there for 5 1/2 years. amazing!
I am such a dummy. I got your sweet package in the mail weeks ago. Thankyou so much- I love it!! I promise I will send you a REAL thankyou card when I get my brain back (hopefully) and when you send me your new address.
I know you think the weather there isn't fun most of the time, but it looks divine to me. I just LOVE the rain. It is so beautiful there. I am a little sad for you that you are moving away. I have always wanted to live in Oregan or Washington. Beautiful. GOOD LUCK getting all ready to move home! I'm jealous :)
Post a Comment