here's a little story for you that i thought might make you laugh (especially my sisters or any other 'bread maker' out there).
this just isn't right. that's what i kept telling myself today as i was 'trying' to make bread. things just weren't going right... first grinding the wheat, then the honey, then the dough, etc. i finally called my friend sara (aka master bread maker) and she suggested i try kneading the dough by hand since my kitchen aid wasn't doing it on it's own. i plopped the dough on my board and it was just a huge mess. but, i kept adding flour and trying to knead, all while i kept telling myself that this just wasn't right. just as i was about to give up and sadly throw the batch in the garbage i decided to put it back into the kitchen aid and try one last time. i stick it back in and raise the lever and wahlah! it started kneading my dough, just like it should.
what happened? i guess i forgot to raise the lever in the first place so the dough hook was just stirring the middle of the bowl over and over again... never kneading.
i've lost my marbles (in more than one way i'm sure)!!! has this ever happened to anyone else?
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is one of those moments where you always wish you'd taken a picture AFTER you figure out it was funny! I'm dying! Richie laughed out loud when I told him. The bread was DELICIOUS though so- totally worth it! ha ha! :)
oh my goodness! I forgot my whole point of making a comment- You're not alone! One day I was teaching my sister to make cookies "the way I do," and I left the room and she got her hair CAUGHT in the beaters! So my other sister took a picture while I just laughed. My sister was crying and we couldn't stop laughing. We had to cut her hair and toss the dough. oh the fun...
Hahaha!!! Hasn't happened to me yet, but probably will if I ever get a Kitchen Aid.
Oh I love you. That just made me laugh. That's something that a pregnant lady (like me) would do!
Post a Comment