Friday, January 15, 2010

i can see. I CAN SEE!

*just beware: these pictures may scare the little ones!*

yesterday a dream of mine came true. i was finally able to get Lasik surgery done on both of my eyes. it was a very happy day. i really can't believe it's all done and over. i've waited a very long time for this. it was a miracle when i woke up this morning and could see the alarm clock. i just keep looking at my kids and outside and can't believe i don't have my glasses on. it was a very quick and painless process. i had a wonderful doctor and would highly recommend him to anyone. there's no way i'd let anyone besides the best work on my eyes.

getting started. matt took a couple of pictures and a little video of the whole process.

rockin' out in my new glasses that i had to wear for the next little bit.

this next picture is the scary one. i hate to say it, but i don't think i've ever left the house without makeup on, ever... probably since junior high. i don't wear much, but i always at least have the mascara on. matt told me i look like i'm 16. my eyes were super sensitive to the light yesterday (hence the awesome glasses). oh, and i look a little drugged in my new, cool, alien eyes that i have to wear anytime i sleep. this is what i'll look like for the next week until i can paint some new eyelashes on.

seriously. modern day medicine and science is just awesome!

good-bye glasses and good-bye contacts (that i was never supposed to wear anyways)!

10 comments:

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

Congrats! Someday I'll get sick of my contacts and do the same... but I just can't see the pros out weighing the cons for me yet. Glad everything went so smoothly! You look great without makeup... honest! If you get sick of hiding in your house alone... call me, Gavin and I will come play at your house :) CONGRATS AGAIN!

M said...

Yay! I'm glad everything went so well. How exciting. (And I think you still look cute, even without makeup on. You look way better than I do without makeup, that's for sure!)

Sarah said...

That is so awesome! Matt's dream is to have it done too, but he can hardly put eyedrops in his eyes. I can't really imagine him putting up with lasers.

Hannah said...

Woot woot!!! Yay Joanna! Glad it went well!

McIntire Madness said...

Congrats! I didn't realize you were getting it done so soon. It just gets better!

Melanie said...

WHAT???? I had no idea you were doing that! I have so many questions. How long did it take? It really didn't hurt at all? How long is the recovery time? How much did it cost? I can't even imagine what it would be like to wake up in the morning and be able to see without my contacts in. I've always been so scared to even consider lasik but now that you've done it.....maybe I should think about it!

Diana said...

That is so awesome! I'm so happy for you that you get to be glasses and contact free.

Heather said...

i remember when kelly had to wear those things- it's a good look joanna! glad one of your dreams came true!

C-Dub said...

I happened across your blog while looking at others - CONGRATS! How exciting to have fresh "new" eyes! :) I'm happy for you.

And you're beautiful without makeup on, as well as with it. You're just one of those people who's blessed enough to have great features :D

cathandchristian said...

Yeah...Someday I will get it done too (I hope)! People don't realize how lucky they are when their vision is perfect. Hope the recovery goes well. Call me next time you are in SLC!