Tuesday, April 14, 2009

a very long wait indeed

i have been waiting a very long time to get one of these - since we were first married in fact. it's so fun to finally have space and a place for it to fit. and no, it's not my "dream" piano, but really who can afford one of those (and who has space for a concert grand) when you're newlyweds (we're still considered that, right!?!). it's a beauty in my eye and i am thrilled with it!
this piano was built in 1911 (how cool is that). and, it fills my heart with happiness each time i play it. i forgot how much i love to play the piano and how nice it is to do something for myself!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Yeah! Congrats! It's beautiful. My piano was built in 1890 and even though it's not a grand, I love that it's an antique. Are you so excited to play primary songs and sing to your kids?

McIntire Madness said...

Yeah! You got it!

Clu, Meg, Max, Tali said...

isn't it amazimg what fills our hearts with joy! i love music (can't play piano). I am sure it fills your home with warmth and love!

Heather said...

lovely! I wish I had learned the piano. I love to hear Jon play it (when he gets the rare chance) I know he would love to have one some day, and I hope his little dream comes true :0) I just think it would be adorable if he taught our kids how to play. Enjoy it- I think it's rad that it's from 1911! Old stuff rules!

sara said...

SO COOL! We were just talking about you getting one and now you already did! I can't wait to see it!