Tuesday, October 14, 2008

from one extreme to another

we just got back from a fabulous trip to utah! it was so relaxing. it's always very rejuvenating to be "home" again. right before we left we went to idlewood beach to play... while we were in utah it snowed! it was fabulous (and i can say that because i don't have to live with it all winter)!
**beware... many pictures to follow. i tried to pick out my favorites**

we spent conference weekend at bear lake. and, of course my dad had to take jack for a tractor ride (i even got a turn)! conference was so wonderful. i truly felt like it was meant just for me.

swimming for f.h.e. with some of the family!
if you're in utah during the fall you have to go see the witches at Gardner Village! they are so cute and so much fun. jack was a little scared of them though.
grandpa and jack after they carved their pumpkin together. my dad has over 30 pumpkins lined up in his garden (my dream) and he let jack pick whatever one he wanted! he was very attached to it. the "jack-o-lantern" even took a nap with jack.
we had a busy saturday. my niece, Amelia and nephew, Sam were baptized as well as my niece, Sarah being blessed. it was a crazy day, but a lot of fun to get to be with so much family all day!

these two cuties played together almost every day! i've never seen jack play the way he did while we were there. it was all "boy" play. i would catch drake and jack just having giggling fits. it was so cute! jack would stand at the window asking for Sjaanie and Drake every single day.
here's the other extreme. jack didn't know what to think of the snow. he kept picking it up and looking at it then saying cold, cold.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Joanna! Welcome back!

Wow, it won't be too long before your little girl is being blessed. She will be so beautiful, I'm sure - inside and out. :)

Heather said...

you are so lucky! you get to go home a lot :0) I wish I could fly home to Idaho and let all my fam see the new baby. Glad you had a good time. Hope you are feeling well- January is the month right??

Eric and Katie said...

Looks like you had such a fun trip! Wish we could have seen you while you were here. Hope you guys are doing well.

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I got back yesterday so call me when you want to do something... looks like winter has started to hit here :(

Melanie said...

What fun times with family! I was so happy I got to see you while you were here. So cute about Jack and the snow and giggling with Drake. Cousins are the best!

Clu, Meg, Max, Tali said...

In can't believe your family is so big! I remember Sjanie little girls when they were two and now she is baptized! I can tell Jack had a blast!

Shawni said...

I love to see your pictures! Drake will love the pictures of him and Jack.