Thursday, September 4, 2008

please tell me i'm not crazy

the past few days have been a whirlwind adventure:
-monday we found a great house close by and decided to put an offer on it.
-tuesday we decided to get our condo ready and "staged" to sale by thursday.
-wednesday we ended up having a buyer wanting to come look at it before we officially listed it.
-wednesday night had an offer and an official acceptance.
ahh... please tell me i'm not crazy!


is it normal to feel a little sad about leaving your first home; the place you brought your baby home to, all the happy memories with friends and family? now we just need a new place to call home...

6 comments:

M said...

Wow, that is crazy! Congrats on getting the new house! I look forward to seeing pics after you move in.

When will you be moving?

Isn't it strange when your world completely changes in a day or two?

Unknown said...

congrats...i hope my houme sells that fast. and i know i will cry when we move...all the memories, first home, and all the work I put into it remodeling it!!! You deserve to feel sad! actually overly emotional because you're pregnant after all!!!

sara said...

where did you find a house??? please tell me it's close! you should feel sad about leaving your condo cause it's so stinkin cute- but just think of all the space you will soon have! :)

Melanie said...

WOW...that is pretty fast. You might think about putting in the contract of the sale of your condo that you need to have an accepted offer on another house first before you close on the condo. Otherwise you might not have a place to live come closing time. Unless your in-laws? Of course it's normal to feel sad about leaving your first home. I still feel sad about it. But it was a decision we contemplated on over several months. I can't imagine deciding that in a few days! You must be ready to move on though or you'd probably be having a tougher time. I'm happy for you!!! New house means new adventures!

Sarah said...

Oh wow! That is so cool. Yes, it's totally normal to feel sad about leaving. We don't own this place and it is so crowded, but we've brought three babies here now. There are so many memories we've made in 6 years here. Is the house in the ward? I hope so!

Heather said...

WOWZA! Sooo I guess this means you will not be moving to AZ anytime soon....
Good for you guys though- the Lord must know what is best for you guys cause that was a fast sell on your condo! (Like how you decorated BTW- the generations things is really cool). It's ok to feel sad- I am sad that I did not get pics of our junky apt before we moved out last week! It's fun to remember every aspect of your life and the people you shared it with. Keep us all posted and good luck getting the house!