Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's SO Good To Be Home

Have you ever felt like you just can't do it for another minute? That's how I was feeling this weekend. The only thing I could think about, was getting home where "my" things are around me, my favorite bed is awaiting a good night of sleep, and my mind isn't on overload 100% of the time. Although I have loved being out of town and am still very much looking forward to this weekend with my Mom and sisters in Vegas, I just needed to be home for a few days to re-group.

We've been at the Beale's house for the past 10 days and they have a queen size bed. Matt and I were joking that our marriage wouldn't survive if we didn't have our king. It's not that we don't like to touch, but we don't like to touch when we're sleeping... hence, a lot of very restless and sleepless nights. It was like having a newborn all over again!

Anyway, I wanted to share a few pictures from the last month! The following two are the only ones I have from my trip home to Utah. I took these after I erased all the pictures on my camera. It was very special to get to celebrate Mother's Day with my own Mom. It had been three years since we got to celebrate the holiday together. I am thankful for the Mother's in my life and for the wonderful examples they are to me!


Last weekend was absolutely beautiful here in Washington. It was warm and sunny. We spent Saturday at the Beach. Jack LOVED it! He would have stayed in the water and sand all day if we would have let him.


Kerry and Julie watched Jack last Saturday so we could go to the temple. It was so wonderful... thank you! They were also watching Jane that night. Jack and Jane love to play together! I just had to post this picture because Jack looks like a freakin' giant next to Jane.

Jack and Bapa playing in the yard (Jack's favorite thing to do)!
This is Jack waiting so patiently (in the beginning) while we were waiting for our "free gas" last week.

4 comments:

M said...

My favorite thing about this last picture is that Jack is holding his book upside-down! So cute.

Melanie said...

Jack seriously looks so much older in every picture you post! I love the pics taken at the beach. He looks like he's having so much fun with Matt.

Eric and Katie said...

I love these picts! We miss you guys so much. Jack looks like such a big boy, what a darling. I love the ones in the sand and holding his book upside down. :)

Adam and Dani said...

It's Friday...